As a student of HPA is my high school student able to participate in dual enrollment at our local community college?

Frequently Asked Questions

Unfortunately, because of legislation changes in 2018, we can no longer develop articulation agreements with colleges outside of our school district except in rare instances. Even within some of those, they expect the high school to pay for the courses, and we cannot pay for dual enrollment courses for our students. If you’d like us to try to form an articulation agreement with your institution, please let us know, and we’ll do our best to facilitate an agreement. If we cannot create a contract with your school of choice, your best course of action is to register with your county as a homeschooler and then with the college of your choice as a homeschooled dual enrollment student. Dual enrollment is an excellent program for those pursuing a college degree.

Here is more information from the Florida Department of Education:

Private (Nonpublic) Schools

Subsection (24) of Section 1007.271, F.S., states, “each postsecondary institution eligible to participate in the dual enrollment program pursuant to s. 1011.62(1)(i) must enter into a private school articulation agreement with each eligible private school in its geographic service area seeking to offer dual enrollment courses to its students, including, but not limited to, students with disabilities.”