Do you offer a high school diploma?

Frequently Asked Questions

We do offer a standard high school diploma.

To receive an academic high school diploma from HPA, students must complete the Florida DOE requirements for a standard (24-credit) diploma. Course requirements for graduation are frequently updated and are recorded based on the year a student enters 9th grade. You can view graduation course requirements on theĀ Florida DOE site.

While it is not accredited, nor is it a GED, it is widely accepted by most schools, institutions, military services, etc. Because we are not an accredited school, the best course of action would be to contact the institution in question to find out precisely what they require, as all schools are different. If they need an accredited diploma, they may want to withdraw from HPA and register with the county for the last year of high school. We would also highly suggest you contact HSLDA to let them know you were denied. They have seen and dealt with this home education rights issue before.

From the Florida Department of Education regarding accreditation and diplomas:

There is no state law requiring private schools to be accredited. The Florida Department of Education does not accredit, regulate, approve, or license private high schools. Additionally, the Florida Department of Education does not officially recognize any of the various agencies that accredit private schools. There are many organizations with widely variant quality standards and program requirements that accredit private schools. The acceptance of diplomas from private schools will be subject to the requirements of the receiving educational institution or employer.