I want to withdraw. What happens if I decide to enroll my child back into public school, change private schools, register with my county as a homeschooler, move out of state or graduate my student?

Frequently Asked Questions

If you choose to withdraw a student from HPA for any reason, you’ll go to your account dashboard, “students,” then “view/edit.” Click the withdrawal button and fill out the form. After it’s received (this may take 2-3 business days), the student’s enrollment status will be changed from “enrolled” to “withdrawn.”

Then you will need to either change your family plan to remove the student from your subscription or cancel your subscription so you are not charged for the student in the future. DO NOT remove them from your plan before their enrollment status is changed from “enrolled” to “withdrawn.” If they are removed before they are withdrawn and you have other students remaining, changing your family plan may result in the unintentional removal of a different student other than the one you wish to withdraw. It will also impede the process of receiving grading or other verification documents you may need.

Before withdrawing, please ensure you fill out any grade documents you need or download a grade completion letter before withdrawing, especially if the student is going to another school. If the student is graduating, filling out the transcripts and ordering a diploma before withdrawing is strongly recommended.

If you were to enroll your child in a different private school, register with the state as a home-educated student, or enroll in a public school, you would have to submit to the enrollment requirements of the state and/or school/program with which you are registering. If a public school, most often, the student would be placed in an age-appropriate grade level and possibly tested for placement. You may read more about this on the Florida Department of Education website.

When transferring to another school, please tell the school you homeschooled your child under the Florida non-public “cover” school option. If you tell them you were enrolled in a private school, they will send us a records request, and unless you’ve entered that information into our system, we will have nothing to send to them. If they send us a records request, you must provide the optional report card and/or transcript information on your account dashboard, or we will have nothing to send to them. If that is the case, and we have academic records to send to them, we will tell them that we are a private cover school for home-educated students; therefore, all academic records are held and maintained by the student’s parents/guardians. Then you will be responsible directly to the school to provide any necessary educational documentation to satisfy their requirements.