We do not see a doctor regularly, have the money for a doctor visit, or we are opposed to immunizations; what should we do about the required health and shot records?

Frequently Asked Questions

This is not a problem. The statutes state a child shall be exempted from the requirement of a health examination upon written request of the parent of the child stating objections to the examination on religious grounds.

The Statues further states in regard to the required immunization records:

The provisions of this section shall not apply if:

(a) The parent of the child objects in writing that the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with his or her religious tenets or practices;

(b) A physician licensed under the provisions of chapter 458 or chapter 459 certifies in writing, on a form approved and provided by the Department of Health, that the child should be permanently exempt from the required immunization for medical reasons stated in writing, based upon valid clinical reasoning or evidence, demonstrating the need for the permanent exemption;

(c) A physician licensed under the provisions of chapter 458, chapter 459, or chapter 460 certifies in writing, on a form approved and provided by the Department of Health, that the child has received as many immunizations as are medically indicated at the time and is in the process of completing necessary immunizations;

(d) The Department of Health determines that, according to recognized standards of medical practice, any required immunization is unnecessary or hazardous;

If you oppose mandatory vaccinations, you may object in writing by submitting to us either the “official” exemption document received from your local county health department, writing your own objections, OR submitting the waiver we provide here. You DO NOT have to say what religion you are to use the religious exemptions. Whatever form of compliance you choose is completely up to you. When you enroll, you legally have 30 days to submit the health documents to us by uploading them to your HPA student profile. The exemption waiver we provided here covers BOTH the health examination and immunizations; you may use it for either or both.

To upload the required documents to your student profile, select “Student” and “view/edit” on your account dashboard. This will take you to the required enrollment form questions and the slots to upload the documents. If you have an exemption waiver, you will upload it into BOTH the health certificate AND the Immunization certificate slots.

Certificate of Exemption