When my high school student graduates from HPA will they be able to enter college, university, or military service?

Frequently Asked Questions

In most cases, students from HPA have no problem entering college, university, or military service. However, it is always best to contact the institution you wish to join to find out precisely what they require and do so well in advance. Over the years, we have had MANY high school graduates leave us and go to all forms of postsecondary educational institutions, such as community colleges, technical schools, military service, universities, etc… and even Ivy League institutions worldwide!

The only institutions from which we’ve ever encountered problems are State-funded community colleges. Problems are rare but do sometimes occur. Some have said they will only accept students from accredited schools or require the private school student to obtain a GED before entry. Because of these situations, I advise that you plan for college early and, if needed, withdraw from HPA and register with the county as a homeschooler for the last year of high school.